Sensor suggestion

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Sensor suggestion

Postby syakirin.annuar » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:16 pm

Hi.

I need to do the project below for my course mark. but i dont know which sensor that is suitable for this project. Can u recommend me the suitable sensor for this project.

" Material Differentiator"
Transparency information sometime is needed in several industries such as textile. The information on how transparent a fabric could be used for further quality grading purposes. By using transparent sensor or other suitable sensor, design a circuit that is able to detect transparency level on 4 different type of fabrics of your choice.
syakirin.annuar
Greenhorn

Re: Sensor suggestion

Postby gadgetng » Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:19 pm

syakirin.annuar WROTE:Hi.

I need to do the project below for my course mark. but i dont know which sensor that is suitable for this project. Can u recommend me the suitable sensor for this project.

" Material Differentiator"
Transparency information sometime is needed in several industries such as textile. The information on how transparent a fabric could be used for further quality grading purposes. By using transparent sensor or other suitable sensor, design a circuit that is able to detect transparency level on 4 different type of fabrics of your choice.

Have you found the sensor? Im interested to know it..
according to the google, i have found this http://www.directindustry.com/prod/dinel/photoelectric-sensors-for-transparent-materials-7531-285505.html and this http://www.directindustry.com/prod/turck/photoelectric-sensors-for-transparent-materials-4959-564115.html i guess they will be expensive
gadgetng
Discoverer

Postby syakirin.annuar » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 pm

yes.. my lecturer advice me to use LDR to detect how much the light can pass through the fabric.
syakirin.annuar
Greenhorn

Postby yonghui » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:55 pm

mayb u can try a pair of IR transmiter and receiver
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to Sensor