Temperature sensor and color sensor

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Temperature sensor and color sensor

Postby mr.ir.zaki » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:32 pm

good evening everyone. i had a question to ask. i am doing an automatic fryer for the chips processing. so i want to use temperature sensor that can be use to measure the temperature of cooking oil. i know that it is possible to just put the sensor directly into the cooking oil.so i guest that i need a rod that will be put in the cooking oil which is connected to the sensor. but i don't really sure what is the most suitable sensor that can stand high temperature.can u suggest me what is the most suitable one? and i also use a color sensor that can detect the color of chips.can i differentiate two colors?. i hope u guys can give a suggestion the most suitable sensor.. i need to buy that sensor urgently.
mr.ir.zaki
Greenhorn

Re: Temperature sensor and color sensor

Postby robosang » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:00 am

you should check the new water proof temperature sensor from Cytron, quite interesting, but I have not time to use it and no reason to use it :mrgreen:

Don think color sensor can do the work nicely, is quite hard to differentiate the color with some many factors to consider, ambient light, shadow, etc.
robosang
Expert

Postby mr.ir.zaki » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:36 pm

thank you for your ur suggestion..i really appreciate it.. :)
mr.ir.zaki
Greenhorn

Postby Ixora » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:00 pm

Hello everyone...
I am working on my Final Year Project on Arduino temperature sensor (DS18B20). I was tried to connect to the microcontroller but it was failed. Can anyone help me with the coding to fix my problem.
Ixora
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:33 pm

You need to show what have you done, wiring? code?
robosang
Expert

Return to Sensor