Water sensor brick

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Water sensor brick

Postby lokejeehan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:40 am

Hi, I have purchased the sensor with u, but unluckily the sensor cannot used as a water level sensor. The voltage will go to nearly zero when i just dropped 1 drop of water on it, even i use ADC, the different is not significant. Do anyone have an idea to increase the difference? Is it possible if i decrease the pull-up resistor?
lokejeehan
Greenhorn

Re: Water sensor brick

Postby robosang » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:22 pm

What is the initial voltage? Water level but you use a drop of water? Not really understand your statement.
robosang
Expert

Postby sai169 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:49 am

robosang WROTE:What is the initial voltage? Water level but you use a drop of water? Not really understand your statement.

Hi. Need help.
I have buy a Water Brick Sensor. when i connect a sensor and put a drop of water, the sensor not functioning. But when i disconnect the sensor and just short the wire, current can flow and run the circuit wisely. The problem comes when i connect the sensor, it does not working.

Besides that, i have try the other circuit. But when i connect the water sensor, a lane lines of the sensor just "erodible".

so, its 2 problem here:
1) The sensor not functioning when i have drop a water on a sensor.
2) The lane line was "erodible"..

what should i do?
sai169
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:49 am

What is the initial voltage when there is no water? 5V or 0V? How you detect the sensor? I do not have the sensor, just curious to know the working condition. You use digital input or analog to detect the sensor?

What do you mean by erodible? A photo of the hardware setup would be helpful.
robosang
Expert

Postby sai169 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:53 am

robosang WROTE:What is the initial voltage when there is no water? 5V or 0V? How you detect the sensor? I do not have the sensor, just curious to know the working condition. You use digital input or analog to detect the sensor?

What do you mean by erodible? A photo of the hardware setup would be helpful.

The initial voltage is about 6~8V. I have been use this circuit.

http://www.google.com.my/imgres?um=1&hl ... x=73&ty=45

erodible. I mean 'corrode'.
sai169
Greenhorn

Return to Sensor