Ir Sensor Difference

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Ir Sensor Difference

Postby Arctic » Thu May 23, 2013 12:58 pm

Hello,

I recently bought a IR sensor, product code SN-E18-B03N1. I just learned that this sensor can detect up to 80cm if given higher voltage. Meaning the sensor sensing range varies in different input voltage.

On the other, this similar IR sensor SN-E18-D80NK can sense till 80cm in 5VDC. Is this the only difference between this two sensor or there is others?

Thank you.
Arctic
Greenhorn

Re: Ir Sensor Difference

Postby gadgetng » Thu May 23, 2013 4:08 pm

From their description, there is one more different i can tell which is the nearest sensing range. One is 3cm another is 0cm?? Anyway.. i haven't test it. :lol:
gadgetng
Discoverer

Re: Ir Sensor Difference

Postby Arctic » Sat May 25, 2013 1:03 am

Currently using the SN-E18-B03N1. The thing is I need to use different sets of power supply in order to sense longer range.

I'm using Arduino. Which is 5V. If I were to use SN-E18-D80NK, I only require to use 5V. The sensor current rating is 100mA

The one i have now is 6V-36V and current rating is up to 300mA.

Plz advice me should i use different set of power supply for this sensor use or use the 5V sensor which standardize the power supply to one? Confuse state now..

Thank you.
Arctic
Greenhorn

Return to Sensor