reading SN-IMU5D-LC

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

reading SN-IMU5D-LC

Postby Eng.Tareq » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:21 pm

good afternoon,
i have bout SN-IMU5D-LC for the sake of reading angular position "tilting angle " of 2-wheeled robot bu using analog input with cDAQ and labview
is it possible ???
can i have any guide ???
thanks
Eng.Tareq
Greenhorn

Re: reading SN-IMU5D-LC

Postby ober » Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:03 am

Eng.Tareq WROTE:good afternoon,
i have bout SN-IMU5D-LC for the sake of reading angular position "tilting angle " of 2-wheeled robot bu using analog input with cDAQ and labview
is it possible ???
can i have any guide ???
thanks

I believe the IMU output analog voltage, it does not give angular position directly, you will need to do some filtering in software to get angular information. Do check out one of our tutorials, Measuring Tilt Angle using Accelerometer and Gyro.

I am not familiar with Labview nor the DAQ card, but I am sure Labview is able to get the analog value if the DAQ have ADC input. Try to get that analog value from the IMU first, then apply software filtering to obtain the angular position that you want.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby Eng.Tareq » Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:30 pm

thank you
the issue to make the filtering actually ... i already can get the angular velocity from the gyro
Eng.Tareq
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:43 pm

Good to hear that, you are a step closer to what you want.

But as I mentioned earlier, I am not familiar with Labview, so cannot really suggest how to do it. Besides, you will need to study the filtering algorithm too. Try Google the keywords on Kalman filter, Complementary filter, IMU filter, etc. You should be able to get tones of references. Good luck.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Sensor