Help ! Sensor Suggestion Please :(

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Help ! Sensor Suggestion Please :(

Postby aimanat23 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:39 am

Hi guys, :)

I am new here. I would like to have your kind help to assist me in my project. Actually, I was currently doing my Final Year Project for my study in university.

My project title is design + setup a tool which capable of detection and location of leak in designed pipeline.

To make it short, now I'm in the phase of identification and selection of components for my device.I would glad to have your opinions in which preferable type of sensors to be purchased in my project

The components selection criteria are as attached :

Basically I want to find for sensors using for :

1. Leak detection in pipe (acoustic sensor)
2. Leak location in pipe (accelerometer/GPS sensor)
3. Tracking device in pipe (accelerometer/GPS sensor)
4. Different pressure as leak occurred in pipe (differential pressure sensor)

Your attention and help is highly appreciated.
Attachments
sensors.png
Sensors criteria
aimanat23
Greenhorn

Re: Help ! Sensor Suggestion Please :(

Postby yonghui » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello, are you going to put GPS , accelerometer, pressure sensor, acoustic sensor and arduino into pipe? :shock: your pipe diameter is large?
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Re: Help ! Sensor Suggestion Please :(

Postby aimanat23 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:19 pm

yonghui WROTE:Hello, are you going to put GPS , accelerometer, pressure sensor, acoustic sensor and arduino into pipe? :shock: your pipe diameter is large?

dear yonghui,

of course not ! huhu :D actually those are the internal components of my device. There will be installed during my product/device fabrication later on. The question is what are types of sensor to be used/purchased ?
aimanat23
Greenhorn

Return to Sensor