Ultrasonic Sensor for crack monitoring( depth)

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Ultrasonic Sensor for crack monitoring( depth)

Postby leow222 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi~
I'm doing a project about crack monitoring. My scope of my project is focus on the crack depth.
I'm looking for the ultrasonic sensor. SN-LV-EZ1 Ultrasonic Sensor, no blind spot during detection.

Any suggestion for my sensor?
leow222
Fledgling

Re: Ultrasonic Sensor for crack monitoring( depth)

Postby ober » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:51 am

I do not believe LV-EZ1 can do that. Looking at the beam pattern from the ultrasonic sensor (refer datasheet page 5), most of the wave (ultrasound) will be reflected back to the sensor itself. It not possible for it to detect the crack.

I am not in this field, but try search how other is doing it. The beam must be very narrow and focus for you to detect the depth of crack.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby vidya shini » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi~
I'm doing a project about crack monitoring. My scope of my project is focus on the crack depth.
I'm looking for the ultrasonic sensor. what
Ultrasonic Sensor can i use to detect cracked..
vidya shini

Postby derrick » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:35 am

As far as I know, MB1043 has a narrow beam width of detection and you might want that for sensing crack depth. Narrow beam means a more accurate feedback and pinpoint on presence of cracks (from my own logical thinking. i may be entirely wrong)
derrick
Freshie

Return to Sensor