TYPE OF SENSORS

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

TYPE OF SENSORS

Postby prema » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:08 pm

i need to start a project in primary school. Our project is Reverse vending machine. What type of sensor is available for this project? Example: The kids throw trash can drink at recycle box and at the same time system should detect it and return with rewards to the children.

Please advise which is suitable, as I am new.
prema
Freshie

Re: TYPE OF SENSORS

Postby ZaM » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:07 am

Hi,

Here is my suggestion:

Sensor:
To detect CAN, bottle - can use sensor like IR sensor or proximity sensor, that sensor can be placed between a hole, when that bottle pass that hole, IR sensor will detect and send back the data to to microcontroller.

Microcontroller:
You can use any controller. I suggest to use arduino UNO/CT-Uno as you can find example code easier.

Reward:(need to use motor driver)
Maybe you can give a candy/bear/ or anything that can be in a ball( a ball is easy to dispense ).
To dispense the ball, you can use motor(rotating spring)/stepper motor with rotating slot(one ball in one slot)
ZaM

Re: TYPE OF SENSORS

Postby prema » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:28 am

Ball can be used as reward but he motor must me used for multi purpose reward and not only for 1.
Is there any software involve in this?

Can you recommend the complete set of cytron items and to be used, as there are various types.?
prema
Freshie

Return to Sensor