Need Help with the ACS 756 50A Current Sensor

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Re: Need Help with the ACS 756 50A Current Sensor

Postby ober » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:17 pm

I don think the module is damage. What do you get when there is no current? As long as the output voltage changes according to current, the sensor is working, it is more to understanding the limitation. And using 50A current sensor to measure 0.7A will not provide very high accuracy.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby aeman7694 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:57 pm

ober WROTE:I don think the module is damage. What do you get when there is no current? As long as the output voltage changes according to current, the sensor is working, it is more to understanding the limitation. And using 50A current sensor to measure 0.7A will not provide very high accuracy.

Ok. When there is no current, it shows negative reading so i code it so that it shows zero ampere and the analog value from the sensor still changes.
Another thing I want to ask, if I want to measure current from a 12V wheelchair battery, will 30A ACS 712 current sensor enough
or should i use this sensor?
aeman7694
Freshie

Postby ober » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:50 am

It looks good to me, just the resolution and noise affect the reading.

It depends on the load because current is determine by load if the source have sufficient power to provide. What is the maximum current your load can consume? 30A is quite high.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Previous

Return to Sensor