What is used for robot eye?

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

What is used for robot eye?

Postby yeoh » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi,

Is it the CMOS camera is used in Robot eye? Cytron got sells it? Can't find from Cytron catalogue.

But can the CMOS camera can interface with PIC? I scare the memory of PIC not enough to support it. Is it I need to use more high level PIC? PIC16F877A can use with CMOS camera?

Any reference for the operation of CMOS camera with microcontroller? Great interest on it.

Thank you.
yeoh
Fledgling

Re: What is used for robot eye?

Postby ober » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:11 pm

yeoh, we do offer CMUcam 2. We have just carried it last week, thus you cannot find it in our catalog.

CMUcam 2 is not only CMOS camera, it come with processor to process the image and a PIC will request some useful information such as what color, where is the centroid of particular color, size and many more. You need to refer the User's Manual to get more info. The link is here: http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=EAYSLDcCDDsHByQvAQYzLi8hJhkEE3kzm9XgwjerV6I=&store=

You can actually search for the project using CMUcam in youtube, I am sure you will get a lot of sample.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Sensor