Accelerometer

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

Accelerometer

Postby aurora » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:49 pm

There are several selection of accelerometer in the market. Cytron has few of them, price is quite steep compare to original pricing. Any plan of getting the raw IC for sale, or seeing Cytron own breakout board? The breakout board is a killer, selling for twice the price of IC. No offense, I will be glad to get one if the price is more reasonable.
aurora
Discoverer

Re: Accelerometer

Postby robosang » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:45 pm

Woh... I am back! It have been sometime since I visited Cytron forum. It has change to better view, more organize. Good work! Anyway is not about the forum, is about the sensor... Personally, I bought the sensor from sparkfun before :o , I do understand why Cytron get it from Sparkfun or even from other distributor, the quantity to do SMT breakboard and of course the market. Anyway, is really good if Cytron can make breakboard, I support!
robosang
Expert

Postby aurora » Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:41 pm

Yeah, it IS from Sparkfun. In fact, Cytron is in the distributor list (listed second in the list, also the company having the largest logo there. :lol: ) Anyway, I plan to get 2 of those, not worth paying for the different. Posted a question on product section, ADXL330 1 week ago, no reply from webmaster. Wonder if they regulate the website.

Anyway, (and finally), I bought it from sgbotic.com.
aurora
Discoverer

Postby robosang » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:08 am

Oh.....I din notice you can post inquiry in product page, maybe is new features and that's why you din get the reply. You should send inquiry to support mail. All my inquiries is to their support mail, mostly I will get reply within 2 to 3 days. Though not all inquiries being answered, but at least they guided me. I think is very good support!
robosang
Expert

Postby aurora » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:06 pm

I post it there so that other visitor can read it and gain something about it before asking question, and support team don't have to answer the same question again and again.
aurora
Discoverer

Postby trail_hehe » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:58 am

i have problem with my accelerometer ADXL330. The output of X, Y and Z is very small around 200mV is this correct? futhermore i supply the voltage for the board is 3V but when i measured the voltage at VCC connection it's 200mV. What happen?
trail_hehe
Greenhorn

Postby aurora » Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:36 pm

This is weird, definitely power problem. Try check for potential short-circuit across the pin. Have you try self-test on the unit?
aurora
Discoverer

Postby ober » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:36 pm

trail_hehe, are you putting the correct polarity of power?
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby trail_hehe » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:11 pm

I already fix the problem. The problem is i using potentiometer as voltage divider. Before i connect the voltage divider i measured it's show 3V but when i connect with the sensor it drop to 200mV. It means that the circuit is short circuit because i not consider the internal resistance of the sensor. The internal resistance is low compare to potentiometer. so to overcome this problem i supply directly 3V to the sensor.
trail_hehe
Greenhorn

Postby gilbertgan » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:56 am

Hi. Im new here. :lol:

My project require me to build a autonomous mobile robot to balance a full cup of water (cap opened) when it's going up a 30degree slope. Im thinking to use a servomotor to turn a acrylic platform, to adjust its angle whenever the inclination changes.

There're other feature as well. Might discuss them at another thread. :)

I have already bought ADXL335 from Cytron. Want to ask, do i need to get gryoscope and involve kaiman filter as well? Seen some tutorial at website that claim kaiman filter not necessary, as it's too complicated. :?

I'm using Pic18f452 and 20Mhz oscillator. And...i got not much knowledge and experience on programming.

But I found out a website. They share their source code. But they're using DualAxis ADXL320 with +5V to its Vcc.

I wrote the Hex file into mypic18f452. Write successful, but my led doesnt blink. The output voltage is about 2.2V at my first try. Then i see 1.6V on my 2nd attempt. How come ar?

Is it the Vcc that make the difference?

Here's the coding.
CODE: SELECT_ALL_CODE
#include <p18f452.h>
#include <adc.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <delays.h>

int result;
int flash;
void main(void)
{

//Set Port B Output & Clear