RE: HELP What kind of sensor should i use for my project

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

RE: HELP What kind of sensor should i use for my project

Postby bbleo118 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:37 pm

Hello guys,i'm noob here. currently i need to built an embedded system which is home security system.i plan to do a remote monitoring system via mobile phone. May i know which kind of sensor should i use?Any recommendation about this?hope u guys can help me..thanks in advance.
bbleo118
Greenhorn

Re: RE: HELP What kind of sensor should i use for my project

Postby yonghui » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:44 am

hi

http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pi ... v0=&store=

hopefully this PIR sensor Module will help u :)

yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby bbleo118 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:58 pm

first of all, thx for yh advice.. i have some inquiries about how the handphone signal can be detected by this sensor?? coz i wanna to use handphone to activate my system.Can you tel me how the sensor works? thx in advance.
bbleo118
Greenhorn

Postby yonghui » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:08 am

hi,

the PIR sensor is used to detect human,

for activation of the system, maybe u can try use bluetooth connection. get a bluetooth module to receive signal from handphone :)

yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby sich » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:03 pm

bbleo118 WROTE:i plan to do a remote monitoring system via mobile phone.

bbleo118 WROTE:i wanna to use handphone to activate my system.

I guess you want to remotely activate/deactivate your home security system through sms. Bluetooth alone only allows you to access your system when you are within the specific transmission range. Unless you are connecting your system to your PC for 24/7 and you have a phone with web browsing capability, then you can create a web-based system which you can access to the online control page through your phone or any PC connected to the internet.

Otherwise, you need a GSM module to develop such system. For example: http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=BRArGw0eDBslDwgmNzgnDXYiMNoN/WdNaMltSPMdMEs=&store=

Another way is hacking a handphone using your controller. But this method is more difficult because you need to get the correct communication protocol and hardware interface from somewhere (from forum/blog/sharing/...?!? Basically means you need to google for it.) because not all phone using the same protocol. It depends on which brand and what model you wish to use. After getting the matching communication protocol and hardware interface, you need to write your code to 'talk' to the phone and command it to read sms received. Then analyse the sms with your controller and execute desired actions. Some info about this is discussed here viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10274. There's a nice website recommended by our forumer - aurora.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Return to Sensor