my rfid not work..

RFID reader, Reader/Writer, Tag.....

my rfid not work..

Postby chumi » Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:11 pm

hye i'm a newer to use rfid..last week i bought this rfid (IDR-232)..my problem is why the number on the tag (card) is not appear on my hyper terminal screen..?? i follow all the instruction on user manual..what should i do to solve it..i have used usb converter (U232-P9) and USB to PS/2 to connect with my laptop..what type of the icon on new connection must i select..?? please give me some solution to solve my problem..

Tq..
(chumi..)
chumi
Greenhorn

Re: my rfid not work..

Postby ober » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:12 am

Can you capture picture of your setup and let us have a look?

Is there any indicator on the RFID reader after you connect to PS2 connector? The LED should light ON. And when you scan the RFID card, is the a buzzer sound?
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby chumi » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:23 pm

actually sir,, i follow all the instruction from the manual..the LED is ON and show the red light after plug in my laptop ..when i swipe the card, the LED appeared the yellow light and the buzzer sound also appeared..but my problem is the number on the card are not appeared in the hyper terminal screen..is that any setup must i do on the hyper terminal..??
chumi
Greenhorn

Postby sich » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:43 am

chumi WROTE:any setup must i do on the hyper terminal..??

9600, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby ober » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Just to make sure, have you select the correct COM port number? Because you are using USB to RS232 converter, when you plug into USB port, it will become a new COM Port, you need to make sure you select the correct COM Port.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby sadiq » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:06 am

good day everybody :)

my situation is pretty much the same as chumi's - only that i cannot get the rfid reader to repsond, no sound or light changing to yellow. however i am certain of the port that i'm using, which is 'COM10'. i've checked that using 'device manager'.

here's the situation:
- RFID-IDR-232N
- RFID-TAG-125-CA (9600, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control, correct?)
- i also used a male rs232 converter to usb (so i can connect to dell vostro 1400 laptop)
- i'm using vista (it doesnt come with a HT >.<")

so i downloaded these instead:
1) http://www.hilgraeve.com/hyperaccess/su ... 2trial.exe
2) http://biznetnetworks.dl.sourceforge.ne ... _setup.exe

i suppose they're both HT alternatives for vista. the first one really has that HT feel to it. but i still cant get the device to detect anything. the second one (realterm) looks a bit different but it'd be nice to have someone to show me how to use it, since hyperaccess is a 15-day trial without payment.

can anyone prove that the reader and tag will work in my situation? looking forward to some feedbacks! thank you in advance :D
Attachments
1.jpg
sadiq
Freshie

Postby joliza » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:22 am

Hi..
Red LED will turn ON when you power it. Buzzer beep and LED change to green when RFID tag is read. You have choose right COM port which is 'COM10'. But maybe you can check your male RS232 converter functionality either can transmit the data to your laptop.
joliza
Novice

Postby sadiq » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:36 pm

hi joliza and everyone,

i'm at a lab at the moment, so i tried the device at a desktop with xp and hyperterminal. now the situation matches the one in the manual 100%. however, i still cannot get the led to turn to green.

i hope the tags are working because i'm starting to think otherwise :'<
sadiq
Freshie

Postby sadiq » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:56 pm

hi all,

another post from the lab >.<" i tried reading the tags using rfid-dual (13.56 antenna). still, no response. any ideas? many thanks!
sadiq
Freshie

Postby sich » Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:57 pm

How many rfid tag do u have? Need to verify whether the problem is with the tag or reader. You said you didn't see the LED color changes to green, but did you hear the 'beep' sound when you put the tag on the reader?
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Next

Return to RFID