Where can I get C106 SMT component?

FYP Starter Pack, ICs, Voltage Regulator, Resistor, Capacitor......

Where can I get C106 SMT component?

Postby blank172 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi,
I just burned one component on my XBEE regulator board :( (refer to image http://twitpic.com/1uywsb) after accidentally put wrong orientation of power supply. I hope someone here can guide me to find the component replacement for C106 -it is the same as the other one after looking at schematic. I'm thinking of cracking some electronic device to find it. But I have no idea what device. Anyone?

I dont know any other electronics online shop in Malaysia other than cytron and bizchip.

UPDATE: Ok wrong thread. Im soo sorry. I can't delete this post.
blank172
Freshie

Re: Where can I get C106 SMT component?

Postby shiyan » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Hahha! Careless always pay... :lol:

C106, it should be capacitor. Try to google 106 mean for capacitor, you should be able to get something. If I am not wrong, it should be 10uF. Get through hole capacitor and wire it if you really need it. I would really advise you to put protection to your board to avoid future "burn off". :roll:
shiyan
Amateur

Postby ober » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Yup, 106 should be 10uF.... anyway need to know it is polarized cap or not. Anyway, if the cap blow, it might also mean the regulator blow too, just does not burn out.

Furthermore, the cap should be for stabilizing the input voltage, without it, your board should be still fine if the regulator is OK.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby blank172 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:14 am

shiyan WROTE:Get through hole capacitor and wire it if you really need it. I would really advise you to put protection to your board to avoid future "burn off". :roll:

Hi thanks a lot for info. I'll try to get some C106 chip from my friend's place first, else I'll find through hole capacitor. BTW what kind of protection should I put?

ober WROTE: Yup, 106 should be 10uF.... anyway need to know it is polarized cap or not. Anyway, if the cap blow, it might also mean the regulator blow too, just does not burn out.

Furthermore, the cap should be for stabilizing the input voltage, without it, your board should be still fine if the regulator is OK.

Hmm I will test its polarity. BTW I think the regulator was blown too, because the on-board power indicator is not ON when power is supplied. I checked the board and I think the regulator is the component next to it (KB33). hmm where can I find this component. Jalan Pudu?
blank172
Freshie

Postby ober » Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:08 am

blank172 WROTE:BTW what kind of protection should I put?

A diode at the input voltage is a good way.

Hmm I will test its polarity. BTW I think the regulator was blown too, because the on-board power indicator is not ON when power is supplied. I checked the board and I think the regulator is the component next to it (KB33). hmm where can I find this component. Jalan Pudu?

it is not easy to get a 3.3V voltage regulator, worst if it is in SMD part. I would suggest you to search for 3.3V through hole regulator and replace it. You will need to find out the correct pin to connect too, which is input pin, output and ground.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby blank172 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:40 am

Hi everyone. I just looked through escol.com.my and I found HT-1033 that can regulate to 3.3V for RM1.80. No min Vin and Vin max 12V (refer to datasheet) http://escol.com.my/Datasheets_specs/HT-10XX.pdf. I think I will order this component on monday. If you have any opinion, do let me know.

I have one more question regarding capacitor. I found 10uf 25V cap. I just wondering the 25V sounds too big bcause I'm working with low voltage only (5V-9V). Is it ok?
blank172
Freshie

Postby sich » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:34 am

blank172 WROTE:I have one more question regarding capacitor. I found 10uf 25V cap. I just wondering the 25V sounds too big bcause I'm working with low voltage only (5V-9V). Is it ok?

Practically it's okay to use a much higher voltage rated capacitor. A capacitor will blow up if the voltage supplied to it is higher than the rated one.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby happyrush » Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:05 am

Hi threre,

Farnell (my.farnell.com)always is the quick way to get SMT part,regulator is a common part,very easy to buy from farnell,just use maybank2u.To verify your capacitor broken or not is very easy,just take it out of the board(capacitor just as power filtering,without it still can function).Normally damaged capacitor will be a short circuit or open circuit, it can be one of them.

If capacitor took out still cannot function,use the multimeter probe on regulator output.

if the multimeter show 3.3v is there,your zigbee can throw away,totally gone.Propose that cytron should add a diode for miss connection because it is expensive.
happyrush
Novice

Postby zhenning » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:11 am

you can try rsmalaysia also or mobicon :)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Return to Electronic Component