need advice for electronic kit

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

need advice for electronic kit

Postby utera » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:07 pm

i want to use a electronic kit to open the pipe off car muffler...
but i dont know the circuit can be used with the mechanical part..
Attachments
gamba project direct flow.png
attached muffler design
utera
Freshie

Re: need advice for electronic kit

Postby hyng » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:20 pm

First you must understand the mechanism. Please don't simply upload the photo without further explanation. More info is needed so that the members here can give comments.
hyng

Postby shiyan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Ya ya :lol:

Totally agree with hyng, I also don understand what is that :shock:
shiyan
Amateur

Postby utera » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:01 pm

Project Background

To design and build a multistage system that can accommodate the entire rpm range by controlling the type of flow pipe in the exhaust system. S-flow pipe is good for low rpm while the direct flow pipe is good for high rpm. When the engine in low rpm, the gases that released from engine will in a small amounts. The s-flow pipe exhaust will change the direction of gases flow in the muffler before going out. If direct flow pipe is used for low rpm, the air need in combustion process will not enough that might cause the engine stop.when the engine in high rpm, the gases that released from engine is in a large amounts. Because of this a direct flow pipe is needed to support the high pressure exhaust gas. When the gases can be rid properly, the engine will run in a smooth state. Therefore, a system of exhaust that can control the changed of type of flow in the exhaust system depending on the current engine rpm is needed.

i think this will help the explanation on my project..
utera
Freshie

Postby ober » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Yes, understand your "project background", but what do you need actually? If you are asking about electronics components, it can be hundreds of combinations. you need at least some ideas on what to use, for example mechanical parts and microcontroller. You want to use PIC microcontroller? Or other? How are you going to detect the RPM? You are doing modeling of the car muffler or real hardware? Because the heat from exhaust pipe is extremely high, and you will need to have strong metal part to do the work.

Personally I am not familiar with mechanical part, so cannot give much advise. hopefully other forumers may have experience to help.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby utera » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:55 am

from the picture i attached.. i need some electronic device that can pull the rod to make the plate with some hole to close the end of muffler pipe.. :roll:
utera
Freshie

Postby utera » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 am

the design
utera
Freshie

Postby sich » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:23 am

Are you going to design the real system or just a model to show the concept? Both required totally different design in mechanical and electronics parts.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby utera » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:33 pm

im going the real hardware actually...im built the mechanical part already... need a electronic device that heat resistance.. why i cant attached more pic...hmmm
utera
Freshie

Postby redips_id » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:40 pm

Hi Utera, don't be sad, hyng said "Please don't simply upload the photo without further explanation". Not means you can't attached more pictures. From my view, you just need a motor and motor driver. Cytron have sold many types of driver motor so you can choose it. About the heat resistance, maybe you can put the electronic circuit far from the muffler (Heating source). Sorry can't help much, I'm not mechanical student. :ugeek:
Request for complete solution for FYP? Why don't request for graduation certificate?
redips_id
Discoverer

Next

Return to Robot Controller