PSC 28A-DUAL H-BRIDGE MOTOR DRIVER

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

PSC 28A-DUAL H-BRIDGE MOTOR DRIVER

Postby carlobot » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:56 am

Hi,
I have just received a PSC 28A board and I interfaced it with a dual H-Bridge for driving two motors in both direction proportionally.I have connected the same dual H-Bridge I use with SKPS-SK40C that works regularly in this configuration.What happen with PSC 28A is very strange;diode-lights of outputs, in the motor driver, show the correct way in according of imputs of the joystiks but motors doesn't run.Same results using, as motor drivers,MD30B and FD04A.I'm going to think about PSC 28A malfunction.I'm wrong?Regards,

carobot
carlobot

Re: PSC 28A-DUAL H-BRIDGE MOTOR DRIVER

Postby sich » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:49 am

Can u show us the schematic of your connection? Need to know how u connect them before giving any comments.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby carlobot » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:29 am

Hi,
in the image we can see the PSC28A diode lights ON relative at joy LY - LEFT UP and green diode light ON relative at motor-driver,but left motor don't start to run CW.with joy LY - LEFT DOWN diode ligts on PSC28A are ON regularly, the red diode light is ON at the motor-driver but left motor don't start to run CCW.Same result for joy RY - RIGHT UP and joy RY - RIGHT DOWN, diode lights goes ON regularly and respectevely at PSC28A and motor-driver but right motor not run. Wich will be the reason? Regards,

carobot
carlobot

Postby hyng » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Few suggestion:
1. Did you connect the ground together? All ground should be common.
2. PSC28A output are all open collector. It is advice that you should pull up the PWM pins if you are using PWM to control the speed.

I'm not sure what kind of motor driver (the one show in the photo) that you are using. But since you have tried with MD30B before so i hope this application link would help you.
http://blog.cytron.com.my/?p=1948
It demonstrates the way to connect two MD30B with the PSC28A. The schematic also provided. You may refer to it.

BTW, i really curious about the motor driver that show in the photo. I notice that there is a L298 IC on the board. Is it similar to FD04?
hyng

Postby carlobot » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:22 am

Hi,

thank you very much for your precious help; the problem was that I didn't consider to insert a pull-up resistor.Now PSC28A works fine with all motordriver I have interfaced (MD30B,FD04A and the dual H-Bridge shown in the photo;as you mentioned is quite similar to FD04A but it can drive only two motors).Regards,

carlobot
carlobot

Return to Robot Controller