regarding psc28A

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

regarding psc28A

Postby samskl990 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:54 pm

reading through the manual and after watching the demo on youtube, i hve learned dat dis interface can be easily be hooked up to L298 with bridge rectifier to control a pair of dc motors. But how bout servo motors? can i use this interface to manually provide the signal for servo motors? i plan to use two buttons to control each servo with one button to give a clockwise signal and another button to give anticlockwise signal

translation: CAN I USE THIS INTERFACE TO CONTROL RC SERVO MOTORS?
samskl990
Greenhorn

Re: regarding psc28A

Postby ober » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:08 am

No, servo motor require different control compared to DC motor. The PSC28A is not designed for RC servo motor.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby samskl990 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:47 pm

do u think its possible to control servo motors if i interface another microcontroller to psc28a?
where some of the output buttons pins of psc28a becomes the input feed to the microcontroller and the same microcontroller output pins feeds to the servo motors.,
samskl990
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:00 pm

If you plan to add a microcontroller, everything can be done :)

Still I would not recommend PSC28A, SKPS is more suitable in this case because is only UART. Anyway if you already have PSC28A, you can still use it, but the programming might be a bit challenging if you are going to control the RC servo position based on Joystick position.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Robot Controller