Control & Monitoring Via SMS

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Control & Monitoring Via SMS

Postby adisonnvc » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:23 pm

I had tried to build the circuit and used the codes provided from the magazine ROBOT.HEAD TO TOE with the topic "Control & Monitoring Via SMS",but it is not working! Is that because i using different type of GSM modem? Gsm modem that i use is Wavecom Fastrack Supreme 10, any idea???
adisonnvc
Greenhorn

Re: Control & Monitoring Via SMS

Postby waiweng83 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:45 am

Different model of GSM modem might have different protocol. Did you try to interface with the GSM modem via the Hyperterminal in Windows?
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby adisonnvc » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:00 pm

yes, it work well when using hyperterminal but not working when interface with pic. is that because of different type of gsm modem that i use?
adisonnvc
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:51 pm

adisonnvc WROTE:yes, it work well when using hyperterminal but not working when interface with pic. is that because of different type of gsm modem that i use?

I think waiweng83 is asking you whether the protocol for both GSM modem is the same. HyperTerminal is the easier method to verify that. If the protocol is not the same, of course the sample source code cannot be used. :mrgreen:
robosang
Expert

Postby shahrul » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:06 pm

I never heard any different GSM protocol other than AT Command. Just look at the interface, it is RS232 or TTL or USB. But most I heard, still use AT Command.
shahrul
Professional

Postby robosang » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:24 pm

shahrul WROTE:I never heard any different GSM protocol other than AT Command. Just look at the interface, it is RS232 or TTL or USB. But most I heard, still use AT Command.

AT command is just a method of sending and receiving the command and data from a device. With AT command there are still different set of "protocol", for example XBee is using AT command too, but can the AT command set from GSM be used on XBee?
robosang
Expert

Postby shahrul » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:32 pm

robosang WROTE:AT command is just a method of sending and receiving the command and data from a device. With AT command there are still different set of "protocol", for example XBee is using AT command too, but can the AT command set from GSM be used on XBee?

Yes true. But no GSM modem use NMEA protocol, RC5 protocol, modbus, profibus or Fbus. AT Command is sinonym with GSM. So, I think it's more on the interfacing level, not much on AT Command.
shahrul
Professional

Postby pari88 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:39 am

Hello all,

I am also using the same code from control and monitor via sms project but i replace MAX232 with MAX232N from Texas Instruments. I don't know why it doesn't work. Can anyone help me?
Thanks
pari88
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:03 pm

Don think the code is the problem :mrgreen:

Show us your hardware, have you downloaded the sample code into your controller?
robosang
Expert

Postby pari88 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:56 am

I have downloaded the sample code from cytron..and use the same connection shows between pic,max232 and modem. i am using pic16f877. still can't work. i don't know why :?
pari88
Greenhorn

Next

Return to Wireless Device