XBee unable to reset

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

XBee unable to reset

Postby lyangsim » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:36 pm

I ordered an SKXBee and an XBee from Cytron. I could read the serial address of my SKXBee using X-CTU, but the XBee antenna is soldered to the board so i cannot configure my another XBee antenna. I'm using another starter kit board borrowed from my friend to install my XBee antenna so i can read it from X-CTU, but still 'unable to communicate with modem'. I tried to flash it using this way viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3380, but still when i release the reset button, the box did not disappear.

COM port is correctly selected, baud rate correctly selected, every settings are the same as instructed in the forum site.

P.S. The SKXBee should not be made in such a way that XBee antenna is soldered so firmly on the board, it should be completed with female 2mm pin headers so that the XBee is detachable and users can use the Starter Kit board to configure another XBee anternna. :evil:
Attachments
xbee.jpg
After reset button is released, the box does not disappear.
lyangsim
Fledgling

Re: XBee unable to reset

Postby shiyan » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:45 pm

I have that problem before, this is mostly because of unstable firmware upload. But follow the steps recommended in the link works for me, quite successful.

Well, when I bought SKXBee, they only have version with Xbee module soldered. I think they stated in the product page and also the User's manual, din they?

Cytron only start selling the SKXBee without module a few months ago, i also bought 1, and also an extra XBee module. Works fine for me.

Why you choose the soldered version since you don want it to be soldered?

Anyway, you can fill the support form here, their technical team will follow up with you. I did fill up once for my SK40C, they warranty for me 8-) .
shiyan
Amateur

Return to Wireless Device