circuit design

Questions related to PCBs design

circuit design

Postby hazzam » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:32 pm

what is the best software to design a circuit...and what kind of software that cytron used to design a circuit?? for your information..i am using proteus to design a circuit...but some of the component not available in there like pt2262 and pt2272..can u helped me with this...
hazzam
Freshie

Re: circuit design

Postby zhenning » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:38 pm

hazzam WROTE:what is the best software to design a circuit...and what kind of software that cytron used to design a circuit?? for your information..i am using proteus to design a circuit...but some of the component not available in there like pt2262 and pt2272..can u helped me with this...

There is no best software, its what you prefer. Those that are not available, you have to add them yourself.
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby robosang » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:50 am

agreed with zhenning, most of time we choose which software tools that we are familiar with. If you never use those tools, start with one and evaluate it, or review it. There must be people like software A, some like software B and some software C, not to forget D and E :lol: , else there is no competition.

Like your case, I never use Proteus for simulation, because it is expensive 8-)
robosang
Expert

Postby zhenning » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:26 am

robosang WROTE:agreed with zhenning, most of time we choose which software tools that we are familiar with. If you never use those tools, start with one and evaluate it, or review it. There must be people like software A, some like software B and some software C, not to forget D and E :lol: , else there is no competition.

Like your case, I never use Proteus for simulation, because it is expensive 8-)

and most of the time you will get your hardware working but in proteus, not working :lol:
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby ABSF » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:00 pm

hazzam WROTE:what is the best software to design a circuit...and what kind of software that cytron used to design a circuit?? for your information..i am using proteus to design a circuit...but some of the component not available in there like pt2262 and pt2272..can u helped me with this...

It would be very hard to get those 2 chips simulated on a simulator. The designers have to assume that the RF is transmitting and being received by the RX. That's why a lot of simulated circuits doesnt work in the real world. The coil could be one turn less or the capacitor is out of tolerance. For me I use simulator to confirm simple circuit ideas and partial circuits of a big design. I also used it to make PCB (ARES) so as to make sure no traces are missing.

BTW did you try Altium by Protel?

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby zhenning » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:06 pm

ABSF WROTE:

It would be very hard to get those 2 chips simulated on a simulator. The designers have to assume that the RF is transmitting and being received by the RX. That's why a lot of simulated circuits doesnt work in the real world. The coil could be one turn less or the capacitor is out of tolerance. For me I use simulator to confirm simple circuit ideas and partial circuits of a big design. I also used it to make PCB (ARES) so as to make sure no traces are missing.

BTW did you try Altium by Protel?

Allen

Ohh? Altium do support functional simulation as well?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby ABSF » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:13 pm

zhenning WROTE:Ohh? Altium do support functional simulation as well?

AFAIK it should. My friend used it a lot. He told me that the simulated data for new chips can be updated directly from the chip manufacturers' web site. I have the program installed in my PC downstairs, but that PC is broken now due to MB problem. I'll confirm with my friend again later.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby zhenning » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:17 pm

Ohh ok. thanks. =)
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby ABSF » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Just confirmed with my friend. Yes, it can do functional simulation.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby zhenning » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Nice
zhenning
Enthusiast

Next

Return to PCB Design