XBee Shield with BTBee Module

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

XBee Shield with BTBee Module

Postby FTanSL » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:18 am

Hey all,

I'm using an Arduino Uno micro-controller.
My current project has me using a servo controller, the SC08A (http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pc ... Controller),
to control a series of servos. I'm using Arduiniana's NewSoftSerial library so I do not have to use my dedicated serial port to use it.

I'm planning to use these two with Amarino's library to sync an Android phone with the Arduino Uno so I can wirelessly control my project.
BTBee Module: http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pc ... e%20Module
XBee Shield: http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pc ... 0module%29

I'm a bit confused as the sample codes and instructions for the BTBee Module combines it with SIXBEE Board and the XBee Shield is generally used with a ZigBee module.
Any sample codes, instructions or even better, a complete guide to how to use the combination would be great!

Thanks in advance!

PS: If you need anymore information on my project, just let me know and I will post it here!
FTanSL
Freshie

Re: XBee Shield with BTBee Module

Postby robosang » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:26 am

ya.... if got whole complete project better :mrgreen:
robosang
Expert

Postby sich » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:16 pm

FTanSL WROTE:I'm a bit confused as the sample codes and instructions for the BTBee Module combines it with SIXBEE Board and the XBee Shield is generally used with a ZigBee module.

SKXBee is designed for used with XBee module (Zigbee wireless protocol). Later, a company designed BTBee module (Bluetooth) which is compatible with XBee module. So automatically it can be use on SKXBee too. That's a brief background of these three products.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby FTanSL » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:20 am

sich WROTE:
FTanSL WROTE:I'm a bit confused as the sample codes and instructions for the BTBee Module combines it with SIXBEE Board and the XBee Shield is generally used with a ZigBee module.

SKXBee is designed for used with XBee module (Zigbee wireless protocol). Later, a company designed BTBee module (Bluetooth) which is compatible with XBee module. So automatically it can be use on SKXBee too. That's a brief background of these three products.

I am actually wondering how to interface the BTBee module with the XBee module on my Arduino Uno. The sample codes are focused on it being used with the SKXBee =(
This is my first project ever so I'm really new at this.
FTanSL
Freshie

Postby kl84 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:47 pm

FTanSL WROTE:I am actually wondering how to interface the BTBee module with the XBee module on my Arduino Uno.

What?! Interface BTBee with XBee? Am I get you right? One is Zigbee and one is Bluetooth...how can they communicate with each other?
kl84
Amateur

Postby FTanSL » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:14 pm

kl84 WROTE:
FTanSL WROTE:I am actually wondering how to interface the BTBee module with the XBee module on my Arduino Uno.

What?! Interface BTBee with XBee? Am I get you right? One is Zigbee and one is Bluetooth...how can they communicate with each other?

Sorry, that was my fault. I meant how do I interface my BTBee module (http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pc ... e%20Module) with my XBee Shield (http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pc ... 0module%29). I only think this is possible because I asked Cytron and I was told that it was possible. Look at the bottom of the BTBee page at the question I posted. Please help! :D
FTanSL
Freshie

Postby ober » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:18 am

There is not much of sample source code on wireless devices as there are basically wireless bridge for UART. Once it is connected, it become a transparent link, it is like dealing with normal UART.

So my advise is, play with BTBee first. Connect it to XBee shield, utilize the USB to Serial link on UNO, connect it to computer, establish wireless link with your Android phone and try to send some data. If that is fine, proceed to servo controller, and further it to combine both wireless and servo controller.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby FTanSL » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:46 am

ober WROTE:There is not much of sample source code on wireless devices as there are basically wireless bridge for UART. Once it is connected, it become a transparent link, it is like dealing with normal UART.

So my advise is, play with BTBee first. Connect it to XBee shield, utilize the USB to Serial link on UNO, connect it to computer, establish wireless link with your Android phone and try to send some data. If that is fine, proceed to servo controller, and further it to combine both wireless and servo controller.

Alright :D
Thanks a lot! Will post anything I uncover.
FTanSL
Freshie

Return to Wireless Device