underwater robot

Servo Bracket, Robot Gripper, Robot Chasis, Micro Gearmotor Bracket, Castor,Acrylic, Anti-slip Map

underwater robot

Postby safuwan jasni » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:21 am

i have a big problem in finding a right hardware in my robot. it is a underwater robot, so i need to stress more in light and waterproof design of robot, any suggestion?
safuwan jasni

Re: underwater robot

Postby aurora » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Light - build it big with lots of air pocket, boyancy help. Just need to find out the right size.

Waterproof - you need to be more specific, else you will be getting the "wrap with a plastic bag!"... Easy, I can make any robot waterproof!!
aurora
Discoverer

Postby safuwan jasni » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:43 pm

thnx aurora...

btw to be more specific... the robot it is a snake like robot... so all the servo and the circuit need to be put at the right place at the body. so i need some suggestion to cover up the entire robot.
safuwan jasni

Postby kl84 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Just a random thought...Get a big flexi tube and put the whole snake-like stucture into it, then seal both ends. I've no idea where to get the flexi tube, but i came across this idea when i saw the bend-able straw while having my meal. So i think there must be some huge version of flexi tube out there, may be for use in piping or any fluid system.
kl84
Amateur

Postby safuwan jasni » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:24 pm

cool... thnx a lot guys.... i never heard of flexi tube before.. but i'll looking forward to find it... thnx
safuwan jasni

Postby kl84 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:33 pm

Flexi tube is just my way of calling it... :P Coz i duno what's the correct name for it too. Anyway, i found another similar object in my house - the washing machine's waste water outlet tube. But it's not that flexible. Should have better one...just need to ask around and look for it.
kl84
Amateur

Postby aurora » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:28 pm

How many degree of freedom do you plan for your underwater snake? I think those flexible tube is too stiff and unnatural. I suggest to get a tube (round, square, whatever) for the body, and connecting joint use stretchable materials, like those balloon, but something more durable. You need to figure out a way to glue/secure this to the rigid body. A groove, fit with a O-ring (think rubberband) would help.

Try to play with it at very shallow water, cause water pressure increase a lot as you get deeper. Any flexible material that is good will be under a lot of pressure when put under water. Try blowing a balloon underwater and you get what I mean ;)
aurora
Discoverer

Postby safuwan jasni » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:20 pm

the angle should not more than 60 deg per turn.. and i'm using 180 type of servo.... servo connected in serial... but if i use that kind of tube... did the robot can float or swim? because i think tube can be tight and did not have enough space to store an air... but how do u said that using tube is better?
safuwan jasni

Postby bulan159 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Well, this is looks quite interesting that you make underwater robot. Should I see some pictures of this project?
The best Mobile app Development and Android app Development Company in Malaysia..!
bulan159
Greenhorn

Postby kathleencjustice » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:27 pm

It is a unique idea. Its quiet interesting.
kathleencjustice
Freshie

Return to Hardware