IFC for both 12V and 24V motor

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

IFC for both 12V and 24V motor

Postby limbq » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:02 am

Hi,
Good day~

I having IFC card of MainBrain, PowerCard, Control Panel, Dual Brush Motor, Brushless Motor card,
i need to drive two motors:
1) one 12V brush motor with Dual Brush Motor Card,
2) one 24V brushless motor (with driver) with Brushless Motor Card

A) i need to use power supply (instead of battery) to power up those cards and motors. Thus i guess i cant supply two 12V supply to the power card to built up a 24V supply using my power supply where th two 12V supply sharing the same GND, am i right?

B) i guess i cant use one single 24V supply to the power card and use the External supply out to supply to External supply in of 12V to power up the 12V brush motor as well, because i didnt see any regulator to regulate the 24V to 12V from the schematic in the power card? am i right? or i can still do that?

C) so i think i left the option of supply 12V to power card, use External supply out to External supply in to power my 12V brush motor. Then for the 24V brushless motor, i will use external 12V power supply from my power supply unit, do u think this work? and use the jumper on the brushless motor card to select external supply?

D) i am bit confuse with the power supply circuit of the power card and how those jumper select the voltage supply as there is no reference designator on the card and thus difficult to trace with the schematic and i lack of knowledge on this. Appreciate if can advise or explain a bit on the schematic.

Pls advise and thanks
limbq

Re: IFC for both 12V and 24V motor

Postby ober » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:21 am

A) i need to use power supply (instead of battery) to power up those cards and motors. Thus i guess i cant supply two 12V supply to the power card to built up a 24V supply using my power supply where th two 12V supply sharing the same GND, am i right?

Yes, you CANNOT use two 12V battery which share the same GND to build 24V. It must be two separated battery to build 24V is that is needed.

B) i guess i cant use one single 24V supply to the power card and use the External supply out to supply to External supply in of 12V to power up the 12V brush motor as well, because i didnt see any regulator to regulate the 24V to 12V from the schematic in the power card? am i right? or i can still do that?

Yes, there is no regulator to regulate 24V to 12V in Power card. The power card can only accept 12V supply for each battery in.

C) so i think i left the option of supply 12V to power card, use External supply out to External supply in to power my 12V brush motor. Then for the 24V brushless motor, i will use external 12V power supply from my power supply unit, do u think this work? and use the jumper on the brushless motor card to select external supply?

You can supply the power card with 12V power supply and further take the external output from power card to supply brush motor card. As for 24V brushless motor, 12V is not sufficient to drive it either from internal or external. You will have to supply 24 battery or power supply to the brushless card external connector and select EXT at the jumper.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Re: IFC for both 12V and 24V motor

Postby limbq » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks Ober,
i am clear now :D
limbq

Return to Robot Controller