remote control.kit

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

remote control.kit

Postby stanley1925 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:16 pm

How the remote control can be use in order pic can receive signal from the Remote control, does it require any extra circuit,

http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pcode=IR-RC-01&name=IR%20Remote%20Control%20Kit
stanley1925

Re: remote control.kit

Postby ABSF » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:57 am

stanley1925 WROTE:How the remote control can be use in order pic can receive signal from the Remote control, does it require any extra circuit,

//www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pcode=IR-RC-01&name=IR%20Remote%20Control%20Kit

The extra cirxuit is already included in the kits - the IR receiver. Just connect the IR receiver (IR photo transistor) to your pic and just add the required software should make it work. There is an example for it to interwork with arduino.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby ober » Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Yup, Allen is correct. Try study the sample code for arduino. The basic concept is the same. You can try discussing what is being done by the arduino code here and try writing your own code for PIC. Basically is just digital input where you have monitor the pulses width. I am sure is fun doing so and you will learn a lot 8-)
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby stanley1925 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:36 pm

I tried to look the code, but cant fully understand it, got C code? ^^
stanley1925

Postby ABSF » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:14 am

stanley1925 WROTE:I tried to look the code, but cant fully understand it, got C code? ^^

The codes that you are looking at is C codes. But it was for Arduino! 8-)

The reason why the software is so complicated is becos it was for a universal decoder. It can decode NEC, SONY, RC5 (Philips) and RC6 (Not sure) formats. If it were for only one format, the software should be less than half the length. Looks like you have 3 options.

1. Try to learn Arduino C and slowly translate it to Hi-Tech C.
2. Get a simpler remote control kits that only support one format with the PIC and software included
3. Find out which format your remote is sending and just work on that format using the C that you're familiar. Google would be a great help here.

Look at this site for option 2: remote control kits

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby robosang » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:01 am

IR remote control kit, seem to be interesting. I think will get a set and try it myself 8-)
robosang
Expert

Return to Wireless Device