Need Help With Mini Mobile Robot Controller MC40A

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

Need Help With Mini Mobile Robot Controller MC40A

Postby hafiz99 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:03 pm

Hello Pros :D Need Some Help Here and Cytron Technician also is Needed Here :D

About Mini Mobile Robot Controller (MC40A) what i have seen in MC40A_Schematic i See only have one ADC port.
Its Is possible to used more than 5ADC in this MC40A By Removing Some Component?

By removing Those Component at :-

-ADC PORT - No Change
-Limit1 Port - By Removing R42 and C17
-Limit2 Port - By Removing R43 and C18
-RE0,RE1,RA3,RA5 Maybe No Change by looking at MC40A_Schematic
-RE2 Is Enable to used without remove Anything When not Using LCD Surely I will used LED maybe the LED E port can be change to Extension PORT

when using PIC 18
-SW1 - By Removing C6 and R3 by Using 1 side of JP16
-SW2 - By Removing C9 and R4 by Using 1 side of JP17

It is Possible ADC can be used when Removing Those Component? No Effect? i now some LIMIT1,LIMIT2,SW1 and SW2 can't be used after removing some component.need to know other effect when removing those component. :D

Need Help Pros, Cytron Technician, or MC40A Circuit Designer Guy <-- This more easy if this guy have here :D
hafiz99

Re: Need Help With Mini Mobile Robot Controller MC40A

Postby robosang » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:37 am

Not pros here, neither is Cytron staff :D

I have bought MC40A to explore a few months ago as it is quite cheap and it comes with motor driver and ready pad for LCD. Din use it for mobile robot, but use it for other project.

Yes, that is possible, remove some of the component enable the use of the pin.
Remove 10K resistor for limit switches, correct!
RE0, RE1, RA3, RA5 will need remove the particular Resistor for LED, else it will become a voltage divider via the LED.
If you are not using L293 motor driver, you can use the port B pin too, because in PIC16F887, most of port B pin are analog input :) Just the schematic din show it.

Not all PIC18 have analog at PortB, you will still need to verify with datasheet, and not all PIC16 does have analog input at PORT B, again will need to verify with the particular PIC datasheet. 8-)

It seem to be correct, but is not possible for me to modify my own MC40A to verify that, you will still need to verify it :mrgreen:
robosang
Expert

Postby hafiz99 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:44 pm

Ermm Im Try To Used PIC18f4580 =.= But Need To Put 20MHz Crystal. Where the Cyrstal need to be install??? =.= In manual It "Note: Please solder an external Crystal on to MC40A if PIC16F877A is used." where is the soldered place for cystal??
hafiz99

Postby ABSF » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:47 pm

The xtal is underneath the PIC, on the RHS of the 40 pin socket.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby robosang » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:05 pm

Allen is right, is underneath the PIC. You din check the User's Manual clearly. I remember seeing it some place in the document sometime ago. There is a photo showing the pad (white color) of external crystal in the 40-pin IC socket, without the PIC. So you have to remove the PIC solder the crystal that you prefer, and plug the PIC back.

You should see it if you remove the PIC.
robosang
Expert

Return to Robot Controller