Connection of KC-21

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Connection of KC-21

Postby Hanck » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:14 pm

I have recently purchased a KC Wirefree 21 from your site. Upon receiving the module, i was quite shocked by it is very small in size, a lot smaller than i thought it would be, and it comes with another problem.

How do I make connection to other device like a microcontroller or transceiver?

Does it have any special socket to accommodate the module? Some suggest direct solder the copper wire to the I/O of the module, but will it damage the module?

Any other suggestion please? Thanks a lot in advance.
Hanck
Fledgling

Re: Connection of KC-21

Postby ober » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:06 pm

Hanck, it is very important for you to go through the data sheet before purchasing it. We do not have the expansion socket for it. You may refer to SKCCA as a starter kit.
Soldering it directly might work, but improper soldering might also damage the module. Since you raise the question, I think I need to highlight that the operating voltage is 3.3V, not 5V. Do refer to the data sheet before you interface with it.

Good luck!
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby mh_so » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:25 pm

how to communicate 2 kc21 using microcontroller ..i used mplab software an pic16f877a..can u send me the source code for master and slave so they can communucate
mh_so
Greenhorn

Postby hyng » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:57 am

You can refer to DIY project - PR6A. All the relevant doc are given out and can be downloaded. Although the project is communicate between SKKCA and computer, but i'm sure you can come out with something. :lol:
hyng

Postby cheekangteh » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:28 pm

hyng WROTE:You can refer to DIY project - PR6A. All the relevant doc are given out and can be downloaded. Although the project is communicate between SKKCA and computer, but i'm sure you can come out with something. :lol:

hi hyng,

can SKKCA communicate with window mobile phone that have built in Bluetooth device?
cheekangteh
Apprentice

Postby kl84 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:01 am

I've never tried before but you should be able to find the SKKCA device with your phone and pair with it.
kl84
Amateur

Return to Wireless Device