how to use SC16A with microcontroller

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

how to use SC16A with microcontroller

Postby affy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:55 am

Hi..i would like to ask can the SC16A communicate with other software such as Matlab,Labview and etc?Could somebody give soma advice
affy
Freshie

Re: how to use SC16A with microcontroller

Postby kl84 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:48 am

Can~ since it has UART interface. So any software providing UART support can communicate with it. They even give the source code for VB code. You may refer to the UART protocol and also the VB code to write your own software code.
kl84
Amateur

Postby shahrul » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:25 am

affy WROTE:Hi..i would like to ask can the SC16A communicate with other software such as Matlab,Labview and etc?Could somebody give soma advice

All that software, Matlab and Labview must have 'Serial Port' program. So, it can communicate through USB, then use USB-to-UART converter. I just use Visual Basic, not use Matlab and Labview yet. This is example use Serial Port VB.
shahrul
Professional

Postby robosang » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:18 am

Hey, my friend just show me his work, using Matlab to communicate with microcontroller using UC00A. He say is quite simple because the UC00A became a Serial Com Port. I think the USB connection on SC16A should be USB to serial, right? I thought Cytron have given sample code for VB to control from computer, din you refer to that?
robosang
Expert

Postby affy » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:07 pm

robosang WROTE:Hey, my friend just show me his work, using Matlab to communicate with microcontroller using UC00A. He say is quite simple because the UC00A became a Serial Com Port. I think the USB connection on SC16A should be USB to serial, right? I thought Cytron have given sample code for VB to control from computer, din you refer to that?

i did refer to the sample code for VB. but now we want to use the Matlab.
affy
Freshie

Postby robosang » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Do you expect all type of programming language have example code and by that you can only do your work? There are tenths or more of programming language in the world :o
robosang
Expert

Postby affy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:02 am

robosang WROTE:Do you expect all type of programming language have example code and by that you can only do your work? There are tenths or more of programming language in the world :o

Dun get me wrong. im juz asking because im quite blur on how 2 use it. dat's y im asking because in a beginner. tq 4 the rep
affy
Freshie

Postby sich » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Hi affy, some of the forumers are very sensitive with how a question is constructed. Just ask it wisely and you're safe to go :lol:

What can you do is do some research on how to use the serial port module in MATLAB, how to send and receive data through it and how to manipulate the data for your application in MATLAB. Then you can try to connect the SC16A via usb to serial converter to your computer and send the appropriate commands stated in SC16A user manual. The sample VB code can be a good reference.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Return to Robot Controller