SKKCA-21 can't Receive data that i send in

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

SKKCA-21 can't Receive data that i send in

Postby humanlife_1989 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:36 pm

i hv try using Visual Basic send a char"a" to my pic16f877a. but i try it many time still failed to do that. when i press a button in Vb was command the blue solei serial port status just ony show i had sent out data but the received keeping show in "0" bytes.. how can i solve it?
humanlife_1989
Fledgling

Re: SKKCA-21 can't Receive data that i send in

Postby kl84 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:11 am

I have to tell u that your question is too general. We need more well organized info in order to help...
kl84
Amateur

Postby robosang » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:18 am

humanlife_1989 WROTE:i hv try using Visual Basic send a char"a" to my pic16f877a. but i try it many time still failed to do that. when i press a button in Vb was command the blue solei serial port status just ony show i had sent out data but the received keeping show in "0" bytes.. how can i solve it?

kl84 WROTE:I have to tell u that your question is too general. We need more well organized info in order to help...

Agreed with kl84, I totally don know where to seek for possible errors, too many. Assuming you are using the Bluetooth Starter Kit, connect to PIC and uses a PC to send data through another Bluetooth, right? Why don you connect the SKKCA to a computer to verify first. Is it the SKKCA cannot receive data or the PIC? Try verify the path and minimize the error scope.
robosang
Expert

Postby ober » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:00 pm

humanlife_1989 WROTE:i hv try using Visual Basic send a char"a" to my pic16f877a. but i try it many time still failed to do that. when i press a button in Vb was command the blue solei serial port status just ony show i had sent out data but the received keeping show in "0" bytes.. how can i solve it?

Hi, trying to understand the problem here, help me on this. So you have connected the SKKCA to PIC through UART, and the SKKCA is connected to Bluetooth dongle on your computer wirelessly through Bluetooth link. You develop a program to send char to COM port. BlueSoleil show that you have send data out, but the PIC site show "0"?

OK, try this first:
1. Computer -- USB -- SKKCA ---------- Bluetooth link ------- Bluetooth Dongle-- computer.

Try using HyperTerminal and test type any character on keyboard. If this success, mean SKKCA is working.

2. Computer --- USB to UART -------------- PIC

Try using HyperTerminal or your VB program send "a" to PIC, if PIC can get and show data, means the UART connection, PIC and program to receive and display is working.

3. Computer ---- Bluetooth Dongle --------Bluetooth Link ---------SKKCA --- UART -- PIC.

If this cannot work, mean SKKCA to UART to PIC is have problem. Let's us know the result. Try to troubleshoot by minimizing the possible area.

Good luck and do let us know the progress.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby cheekangteh » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Ober wrote:

Try using HyperTerminal or your VB program send "a" to PIC, if PIC can get and show data, means the UART connection, PIC and program to receive and display is working.

hi Ober, i not understand with this step, can you explain for me how the connection? thanks
cheekangteh
Apprentice

Postby ABSF » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:37 am

cheekangteh WROTE:
Ober wrote:

hi Ober, i not understand with this step, can you explain for me how the connection? thanks

USB to UART is the cytron product UC00A

http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pcode=UC00A&name=USB%20to%20UART%20Converter
It converts UART to USB or vice versa. Unless your PC still have COM ports (I guess you dont have any) you may also use the COM port and MAX232 to convert RS232 to UART signals.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Return to Wireless Device