Looking and purchase For High Frequency Transformer

FYP Starter Pack, ICs, Voltage Regulator, Resistor, Capacitor......

Looking and purchase For High Frequency Transformer

Postby longcrystal » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:27 pm

I'm new in magnetic component of transformer , but i looking for the high frequency transformer, because i want to design the sinusoidal inverter, the pulse for SPWM already done it , now left the transformer part to increase the voltage in 230VAC

but the problem is i looking for the high frequency transformer , because in design i using high frequency to run the pulse, so my university lecturer suggest to me... try to purchase a high frequency transformer to transform. because normally in cytron official website, i had seen the type of transformer in (230V to 24V) http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.ph ... 0-24V%202A ,actually the condition for the voltage convert is what i want, but i was thinking this is probably run in low frequency ......so sorry for everyone.asking a stupid question...who know about the high frequency transformer.where i can purchase...the frequency range better can 50Hz to 3kHZ or above is better.....i also have searched those type of transformer in alibaba website http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/44 ... alers.html but the shipping fees is quite expensive and dontknow if i order when i can get it ,... who know about type of this transformer in " farnell " ?????? and how i know the high frequency available for use 240VAC input 24VAC output....but the specification no details always
longcrystal
Freshie

Re: Looking and purchase For High Frequency Transformer

Postby yonghui » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:42 am

high frequency transformer normally smaller in size than a low freq one which is same wattage right?
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby ABSF » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:42 am

Not sure if a ferrite transformer is efficient when operating at 50Hz. Are you trying to make an inverter from DC?

If you step up 24V to AC 230V at 3KHz, can the 230V AC operate a 230V electric fan or TV set? May be you have other purpose for this 3KHz 230V AC you've made.....

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby longcrystal » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:44 pm

Hi yonghui : yes smaller size ...normally the colour for these transformer i think is like yellow surface for the cover....
the watt i looking for 60watt to 150watt just can provide for the bulb or other small electronic devices then
should be enough ??..i using 24V lead acid battery 7AH. .......but 60-150 watt i think for the output just require
produce 230Vac 0.26A to 0.65A ??? can i use P=IV to calculate and represent in AC ..first experience to do this.
but i had done all the simulation in Proteus .. exactly the result what i want ...next step do it in real practical.

Hi ABSF : Yes do it Sinusoidal inverter but my design before the transformer which is primary coil....can produce 500-5KHz actually i can adjust depend my MCU and programming to control the pulse and the LC circuit to filter in 50Hz. So that if i using the big transformer http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.ph ... -24V%202A.. my lecturer told me after that transform it will be no good effect in 500Hz to 5kHz and wasting a lot space and heavy design ......actually as u said can purpose use in electric fan or TV set is better...but i not sure where i can purchase it the high frequency transformer and give me around 0.26-0.65 and 230V and 60-150 watt....because first experience use the transformer ...normally always do in software ...but never use before....and i looked the website For farnell ....the specification i couldnt find it....

wait for u all reply and thank for regard
longcrystal
Freshie

Postby ABSF » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:53 am

I have very little knowledge in the ferrite transformers spec and calculation. Unlike the 50Hz power transformers, you can specify the Watts, input and output voltages, current ratings. High freq transformers doesnt has a common reference for operating frequency, and numbers of windings or no. of turns per coil in a transformer and there are so many designs.

HF transformers are usually custom made and as I read from another forum it is not a trivial thing to design a SMPS power supply. So do more research first and get the exact spec of your transformer before looking for one or wind your own.

Alen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby szhighstar » Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:31 am

I can desgin for you if you need, thanks!
I am engineer who designs and develops magnetics components
szhighstar
Greenhorn

Return to Electronic Component