Attendance system

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Re: Attendance system

Postby zhenning » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:20 pm

There is highly likely no need for a driver in linux for USB. It has been prebuild in the kernel itself. Did you manage to see UC00B in you linux terminal?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Marvin_G » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:40 pm

zhenning WROTE:There is highly likely no need for a driver in linux for USB. It has been prebuild in the kernel itself. Did you manage to see UC00B in you linux terminal?

when i use fdisk -l command,i cant see the UC00B. Any suggestion?
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Postby Marvin_G » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:43 pm

zhenning WROTE:There is highly likely no need for a driver in linux for USB. It has been prebuild in the kernel itself. Did you manage to see UC00B in you linux terminal?

i tried this command "dmesg | grep tty" (not really sure what it means) and it said that pl2303 converter iw now attached to ttyUSB0. is it useful?
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Postby zhenning » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:31 am

Marvin_G WROTE:

i tried this command "dmesg | grep tty" (not really sure what it means) and it said that pl2303 converter iw now attached to ttyUSB0. is it useful?

So,it is recognized. What are you trying to do by just sending 0xF5?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Marvin_G » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 am

zhenning WROTE:
Marvin_G WROTE:

but even if i didn't connect the UC00B,it still said pl2303 converter is now attached to ttyUSB0. why is that?
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Postby Marvin_G » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:11 am

zhenning WROTE:
Marvin_G WROTE:

do i really need to put the "" thing when writing the command to the device?
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Postby zhenning » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:40 am

Marvin_G WROTE:do i really need to put the "" thing when writing the command to the device?

Yes you need that. What are you trying to do first? I believe there is one row of commands rather than just 0xF5?
zhenning
Enthusiast

Postby Marvin_G » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:51 am

zhenning WROTE:
Marvin_G WROTE:do i really need to put the "" thing when writing the command to the device?

Yes you need that. What are you trying to do first? I believe there is one row of commands rather than just 0xF5?

if you can go to this link and download it's manual you might can help me because i don't really know how the command works. http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.ph ... er%20(UART)

yes theres a row of command such as " 0xF50xF5000000xF5 " this command is for deleting all the data inside the DSP processor of the fingerprint reader.
Marvin_G
Apprentice

Postby gadgetng » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:02 pm

Try see what is the response after you giving the command. Maybe you can have some clue from them.
gadgetng
Discoverer

Postby Marvin_G » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:34 pm

gadgetng WROTE:Try see what is the response after you giving the command. Maybe you can have some clue from them.

as i told before. no response.
Marvin_G
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to Misc Project