PR23 modification

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR23 modification

Postby Mr. Ten » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:14 pm

I would like to make a few modification to the diy project, i would like to ask sir for a few opinion on how to modify it:
i. A transceiver which the robot will only move if it receive signal and move to whr it receive the signal.
ii. how to i make the line follower robot to make a smart decision making (e.g when the robot encounter 2 path way (left and right) how do i make it to choose the left one?
Mr. Ten
Greenhorn

Re: PR23 modification

Postby gadgetng » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:37 pm

For i, what transceiver you would like to use? It is possible and easy, i saw the PR23 is able to control with XBee module.
For ii, im not keen in intelligent programming.. therefore can't help you much. Anyway, it must have some condition to let the robot determine which path it should go.
gadgetng
Discoverer

Postby Mr. Ten » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:27 pm

hi, gadgetng thanks for the reply:
1 i saw the xbee module yes it would definitely help me but im looking for lower budget cost and the transceiver i want to use just a single button transceiver which when i press the button the robot will follow the line and come straight at me.
2.the condition for the robot to determine which path it should take is that i will synchronize it with the transceiver which means when i pressed the button to call it(pr23), it will straight come at me without having to confused itself
Mr. Ten
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:28 am

The DIY project from Cytron?

low cost RF module, don think it can fit directly and nicely on PR23, because they design the PCB to fit their SK series of board. Anyway you can refer to some of Cytron's tutorial in using low cost RF module and maybe interface it.
robosang
Expert

Postby gadgetng » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:56 pm

You need to decide what Transceiver you would like to use.
If it is RF module, then i guess you need to hack the circuit board of the PR23 as robosang has point out that there is no ready port for it.
gadgetng
Discoverer

Return to DIY Project Set