Xbee Pro....urgent..!!

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Xbee Pro....urgent..!!

Postby shairZ » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:46 pm

Hello...
I have a project that consist of transmitter part and receiver part..
Both using Xbee pro... I don know the version of this xbee pro because I buy from Bizchip company directly...
Then, one of my Xbee pro was damaged...I need to change it but I want to buy from cytron because more cheap... my question is:
1. can i just change 1 xbee pro that damaged with the new Xbee pro from cytron.?
2. If i change both Xbee pro from cytron, can i just change directly without other set up..?

This is urgent matter...pls reply ASAP
shairZ
Freshie

Re: Xbee Pro....urgent..!!

Postby shahrul » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:03 pm

XBee product is product from Digi MaxStream. So, what is sold at Bizchip and Cytron ofcourse same module.
If you want change one of the part, you must follow the previous setting. The parameter I set always ATID, ATMY, ATDL, ATDH. See example XBee.
shahrul
Professional

Postby shairZ » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 am

tq... another issue is about the Xbee pro range..
The datasheet state that 1.5km LOS.. can you explain more how to maximize the range..
THis because my project objective is to cover distance 500m
shairZ
Freshie

Postby shairZ » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:14 am

And if i change both using Xbee pro from cytron...i don need to change the setting right?
shairZ
Freshie

Postby robosang » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:11 pm

shairZ WROTE:tq... another issue is about the Xbee pro range..
The datasheet state that 1.5km LOS.. can you explain more how to maximize the range..
THis because my project objective is to cover distance 500m

500m or 500km? 1.5km is 1500, you want to maximize or minimize? There is no way to maximize it, 1.5KM is the best from the spec. Actual usage, you will not get 1.5KM. Those spec is measured under ideal case.

If you want to minimize, there is no reason to do so.

shairZ WROTE:And if i change both using Xbee pro from cytron...i don need to change the setting right?

What settings?
robosang
Expert

Postby shairZ » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 pm

What I mean is that, I need to transmit data that cover minimum distance 500m. The spec is 1.5Km line of sight(LOS)... What I want to know is that, at which condition is the best for the range test to be taken (day/night) & (place). I already make range test, the result is it only can cover 450m at night (at highway), the problem that I found is that the period for the data transmission is quite high (about 15seconds). Can I change the antenna with higher gain to reduce the problem?? If can, how to change it. My Xbee pro module is using wire antenna...

Any tips and recommendations will be great... I really have no idea what to do..
Pls reply ASAP...
shairZ
Freshie

Postby shairZ » Fri May 03, 2013 6:30 am

Hope anyone can help me in this matter ASAP...
shairZ
Freshie

Postby shahrul » Fri May 03, 2013 8:50 am

shairZ WROTE:What I mean is that, I need to transmit data that cover minimum distance 500m. The spec is 1.5Km line of sight(LOS)... What I want to know is that, at which condition is the best for the range test to be taken (day/night) & (place). I already make range test, the result is it only can cover 450m at night (at highway), the problem that I found is that the period for the data transmission is quite high (about 15seconds). Can I change the antenna with higher gain to reduce the problem?? If can, how to change it. My Xbee pro module is using wire antenna...

Any tips and recommendations will be great... I really have no idea what to do..
Pls reply ASAP...

If XBee spec stated 1500m maximum, so ofcourse 500m is working. But, maybe need to test with disturbance ex obstruction or wind. Don't ever to think modified the product. If not meet your spec just try another module, but I think Xbee is one of the best.
Data delay 15s, I never experience but maybe your code wrong. I have try XBee transmission every 100ms with no problem.
shahrul
Professional

Return to Wireless Device