Energy harvesting project

Discussion about project that uses other controller, or non controller based project such as using logic gates, FPGA, ARM, Mechanical ....etc. Welcome to post it here

Energy harvesting project

Postby roynold » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:11 am

Hi everyone, i want to ask regarding a project. I saw dis video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFITXmzB9EI , its about a energy harvesting project using piezoelectric. i kinda of like to built the project in small scale as like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCOBA3Yfm1k. As my project, i want to built it in four stage process, firstly the floor part. The floor part is where it produce the energy (electricity) using the piezo trandesur. Second part is to store the energy into energy harvesting circuit (its like battery recharging circuit) and the third part is to monitor the battery charge level using a battery monitor circuit. The last part is to increase the voltage using an inverter for home appliance use such lighten up a bulb.
So the matter here is, i kind of worried if it doesnt work as what it supposed. I'm actually kind of new about the piezo electric stuff. As i doing research on it, it does produce electricity through pressure/ vibration, but very low Vout, in which only able to lighten up a LED (right me if i'am wrong). I am thinking to make this project that able to charge >1000uf capacitor or charging a 6V or 9V or 12 V rechargeable battery. I try to search for the circuit on the video stated above to observe how they able harvest more enrgy as a reference , but i cant find it.
Here i would to ask for eveyone opinion about this project. Thank you for your time.
roynold
Fledgling

Re: Energy harvesting project

Postby robosang » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Don think it can do that 8-) If the piezo can really light up a bulb with simple circuit, why don everyone do it?
robosang
Expert

Return to Misc Project