XBee 2mW Wire Antenna Series 2 Can't Configure

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

XBee 2mW Wire Antenna Series 2 Can't Configure

Postby NAIFOO » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:33 am

Hi. I bought 2 Xbee Series 2 in the end of last year. One can work while the other can't be configured. I sent it to the Cytron's Product Warranty Division once and they replied that my XBee worked fine, just some configuration is not set well. When I got it back and tested on starter kit the ASSO LED on starter blinked (which doesn't happen when I tried with the other one that is normal). Furthermore, it is still can't be configured. Is this normal ? What am I suppose to do with it ?
Attachments
Xbee ASSO blink.gif
The ASSO LED on starter kit keep blinking and X-CTU can't detect the presence of Xbee module when Test/Query is entered.
Xbee ASSO blink.gif (604.83 KiB) Viewed 2497 times
NAIFOO
Freshie

Re: XBee 2mW Wire Antenna Series 2 Can't Configure

Postby tonywk88 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Hi,

I would like to find out some configuration for both of your XBee if possible.

1. Is both XBee are set to correct baudrate?
2. Is one of your XBee set to Coordinator and the other one set to end device?
3. The ASSOC LED blink how many times per second?
- If set to Coordinator - Once the Coordinator has successfully started, the Associate LED will blink 1 time per second. (The LED is solid if the Coordinator has not started.)
- if set to End Device - Once the End Device is Associated and the Associate LED
will blink rapidly (2 times per second). The LED is solid if the End Device has not associated.

4. Is the other XBee is set correctly? Or you may try on upgrade both XBee firmware (one to coordinator, and the other to end device)
tonywk88

Postby NAIFOO » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:20 am

The baudrate I used is 9600. If the Xbee is set to either coordinator or end device, can the starter kit still able to read the Xbee module when Test/Query is selected on X-CTU under PC Setting?
NAIFOO
Freshie

Postby tonywk88 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 am

Hi,

>>If the Xbee is set to either coordinator or end device, can the starter kit still able to read the Xbee module when Test/Query is selected on X-CTU under PC Setting?

Yes, It should be detected. If it's 'Not', try to do an upgrade on it. Please refer this link: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3380

P/S: For X-Bee S2, do choose "XB24-B"
tonywk88

Return to Wireless Device