Connection between URS232A and PC

Servo Bracket, Robot Gripper, Robot Chasis, Micro Gearmotor Bracket, Castor,Acrylic, Anti-slip Map

Connection between URS232A and PC

Postby loops0901 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:30 pm

I connected the URS232A with my computer as shown as image below.
5V supply connected to the converter +5V and GND pins and short circuit between TX and RX pins. After that , i use a software to test whether i can receive the data that i sent out. By right, i should received the data which i have sent out through the same port but however, it returned nothing. May i know that is there any wrong on this? I wish to know the answer because i tested the converter with my GSM modem. But , there is a failed connection. I not sure whether the converter is malfunction or not.
Attachments
photo.JPG
loops0901
Greenhorn

Re: Connection between URS232A and PC

Postby ober » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:15 pm

Yes, by right you should get the data you send out :)

But is the USB to RS232 converter that you are using working? Is the data you send being send to correct COM port? Is the driver for the USB converter installed properly?
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby loops0901 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:02 am

Sorry for late reply.
Yes, i tested the USB converter with others device and its working perfect. So the USB converter should be in well condition. The problem is when i testing URS232A with GSM modem, communication failed between the GSM modem and my computer's hyperterminal. However, when i testing URS232A with another device which using UART connection, communication success. I wonder what is the problem i cannot communication with my GSM modem. Beside, i tested using the method that stated in my first post, its returns nothing. All the testing results made me confused :? :?
loops0901
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 pm

loops0901 WROTE:Sorry for late reply.
Yes, i tested the USB converter with others device and its working perfect. So the USB converter should be in well condition. The problem is when i testing URS232A with GSM modem, communication failed between the GSM modem and my computer's hyperterminal. However, when i testing URS232A with another device which using UART connection, communication success. I wonder what is the problem i cannot communication with my GSM modem. Beside, i tested using the method that stated in my first post, its returns nothing. All the testing results made me confused :? :?

I just notice there is an interconnector between the URS232A with the USB to Serial converter. You have to makesure there are cross connected for the TX and RX line, sometime we call null modem connection.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Hardware