help me to choose a suitable DC motor

LINIX Brushless, VEXTA Brushless, RC Servo, DC Geared, Linear, Stepper, Tamiya.....

help me to choose a suitable DC motor

Postby Flaredro » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:01 am

Hi, I need help in choosing a suitable DC motor for my robot.
I want to control the robot movement distance with the no. of rotation of the motor. For example, 10 rotations = 1meter, so when the motor rotates 10 times, it indicates the robot moved 1meter.
Or izit any ways to control the robot movement distance? and also to control the angle during its self-rotation on a fixed point.

Is DC motor with encoder works for such condition?

Thanks ;)
Flaredro

Re: help me to choose a suitable DC motor

Postby ober » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:50 pm

DC motor with encoder is part of the solution, not the solution itself.

Because it will give pulses, you still need a controller with proper program to read the pulses and control the motor.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby Flaredro » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:38 am

ober WROTE:DC motor with encoder is part of the solution, not the solution itself.

Because it will give pulses, you still need a controller with proper program to read the pulses and control the motor.

Thanks for the info ;)
Flaredro

Postby Flaredro » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:49 pm

How to determine the gear ratio for a motor? I saw there are different gear ratio for the motor~
What gear ratio is a better choice? I'm planning to build a tennis ball collecting mobile robot
Flaredro

Postby ZaM » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:48 pm

Flaredro WROTE:How to determine the gear ratio for a motor? I saw there are different gear ratio for the motor~
What gear ratio is a better choice? I'm planning to build a tennis ball collecting mobile robot

Gear ratio indicate how many rotation is reduced or increased. for example, choose SPG30-20K, gear ratio 20:1. Its mean 20 full rotation (motor shaft) will make only 1 full rotation at external shaft(gear box). The bigger gear ratio, then motor speed decrease. The bigger gear ratio, then the motor torque will increase. To choose correct motor, it depend on many factor, for example how your connect tire with your motor(using gearbox,direct,chain,size tire)? how many motor? weight of your robot. speed. Your can calculate all of this based on data given. But take note that the motor is not 100% efficiency.
ZaM

Postby ZaM » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:50 pm

ZaM

Return to DC Motor