Raspberry Pi 2 Setup Wireless Adapter TP-Link

FYP Starter Pack, ICs, Voltage Regulator, Resistor, Capacitor......

Raspberry Pi 2 Setup Wireless Adapter TP-Link

Postby saxon20044 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:58 pm

I had just unbox the Raspberry Pi 2 and installed Raspbian OS. unfortunately, from the Raspbian OS top right cover, it showed with "No wireless interface found". But i believe my wireless adapter does not compatible with the Raspbian driver. Can you kindly please guide me on the wireless adapter setup as well as the configuration? I had tried out to search for some assistants online but still unable to make it. The details of the wireless adapter is as below:

- TP-LINK (Model: TL-WN725N) IC:8853A-WN725N
- Below are some of the details for my Raspbian OS
==>PRETTY_NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)"
NAME="Raspbian GNU/Linux"
VERSION_ID="9"
VERSION="9 (stretch)"
ID=raspbian
ID_LIKE=debian
==>Distributor ID: Raspbian
Description: Raspbian GNU/Linux 9.1 (stretch)
Release: 9.1
Codename: stretch
==>Linux raspberrypi 4.9.41-v7+ #1023 SMP Tue Aug 8 16:00:15 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

I had gone to Raspberry pi official forum to look for some similar solution too but i still unable to make my wireless adapter work. I wish someone can help me with this.

Appreciate with thanks in advance.
saxon20044
Fledgling

Re: Raspberry Pi 2 Setup Wireless Adapter TP-Link

Postby Idris » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:22 am

Hi saxon20044,

I have ask around and most of the response said that it should work with the latest Raspbian. However I could not verify it because I don't have the hardware.

1.png
1.png (22.49 KiB) Viewed 3664 times
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Electronic Component