MDDS30

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

Re: MDDS30

Postby mscholl » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:29 pm

I was under the impression that I needed to download and use the cytron libraries, and not the sabertooth statements, yes? So I would need to replace anywhere it refers to sabertooth, like these? Not sure what to replace with...
#include <Servo.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

Servo Sabertooth;

SoftwareSerial mySerial(10, 11); // RX, TX
Sabertooth.attach(1);
mscholl

Postby Idris » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:38 pm

Hi mscholl,

I mean, just use directly your existing code without modify it. Please let us know either it is working or not.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby mscholl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:31 am

I hooked up the MDDS30 using the program as is above. The motors do move, but they do not respond well to the potentiometers for the speed differences. For comparison, I tried the sabertooth that the program was written for with the same wires used for the MDDS30, and it worked perfectly. Problem is I need a motor controller with a higher amp rating than the sabertooth I am using (like the MDDS30). Thoughts?
mscholl

Postby Idris » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:16 am

Hi mscholl,

Then it means the sample code is not 100% compatible with SmartDriveDuo-30. I try to understand your coding, but it is too long, and need extra hardware setup to verify. So my suggestion is, try to start from the library provided, and slowly develop your code from there.

You can refer my previous reply on how to setup and use the library.

Hope this helps.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Previous

Return to Arduino Based