How to use Arduino PWM to control motor force.

Talk about Arduino board, sheilds. Sharing Arduino projects, program, problems, solutions, suggestions..... many more, all are welcome.

How to use Arduino PWM to control motor force.

Postby SoraJayson » Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:25 pm

Hi all, I am a student doing a project that use PWM from Arduino to control the load cell and motor for stroke patient to test their gripping strength. First of all I would like to say is I'm new to this project, I want to ask, what is the relation between Arduino, Cytron Motor Driver MD13S, Load cell and module HX711. I'm currently confuse about it and doing research of it, but I would like to know what others think of it.
Any coding that i can use relate to this project?
SoraJayson
Greenhorn

Re: How to use Arduino PWM to control motor force.

Postby ober » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:25 pm

Great project! But I am not familiar with reading strength. But load cell is a sensor, so microcontroller does not control it, it reads sensor instead. While motor is an actuator, so microcontroller control it.

My suggestion is to get familiar with load cell first and then learn about motor, separate these two items. After you know what you want already, integrate it.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby SoraJayson » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:59 pm

ober WROTE:Great project! But I am not familiar with reading strength. But load cell is a sensor, so microcontroller does not control it, it reads sensor instead. While motor is an actuator, so microcontroller control it.

My suggestion is to get familiar with load cell first and then learn about motor, separate these two items. After you know what you want already, integrate it.

Thanks for the reply, okay now i got a clear understanding about the equipments.
Too bad I can't find the model of the motor in the web, IG42-S14E 405RPM 12V 6.5kg. Any hints on finding the motor model, maybe I'm missing out some of the words.
So i wonder, can Cytron Motor Driver MD13S perform PID with Arduino? Is there a specific condition for PID controller to work or normal Arduino can do it?
SoraJayson
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Thu May 02, 2019 6:26 am

Most of motor manufacturer does not come with modelling spec.

Yes, Arduino can performs PID and that is not related to MD13S as MD13S is just motor driver, it follows what Arduino asked to do :D . So I think you should understand what is PID first, and how to make it into code for Arduino.

Just Google PID, Motor, Arduino, you should get plenty of examples.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Arduino Based