DIY Project for CNC Machine.

Autonomous Robot, Manual Robot, DC Motor Driver, Stepper Motor Driver, Servo, Multi PWM chip.....

DIY Project for CNC Machine.

Postby roywnc69 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:04 pm

Hello..i just wanna to look around if anyone here building up an CNC Machine. I'm planning to start my 1st one soon. I intent to purchase all the part's at Cytron, but i need a proper guide form the 'master' who expert in this field.

I really hope to get the info a.s.a.p in order for me to proceed with my DIY project.
roywnc69
Apprentice

Re: DIY Project for CNC Machine.

Postby sich » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Related post:
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15

Do share your plan with us. Tell us more on how are u going to build your DIY CNC machine, such as the controller, motor, mechanical structure and etc. It would be really helpful for other forumers here.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby roywnc69 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:57 am

Thnxx Sich. I would upload my machine specification for your view. Just for your info, i already make the structure of the machine. All structure made by metal and the size is 1200mm x 800mm.
Oh ya Sich..i'm not in electronic filed and have no knowledge about this part.(I'm a Chef actually). Hope you can recommend the proper stepper motor,the controller or the motor driver.p/s..something with low cost ok.. I will get the weight of the y,x and z axis and i will get back to you soon. Thnxx again ya..
roywnc69
Apprentice

Postby roywnc69 » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 pm

Ok Sich,here are my CNC machine structure that i already done. Pls give me some info what kind of motor, motor driver or other the controller that suitable for my project.

I hope you, our someone here can help me to complete the last stage for my 1st trial for making own CNC machine.

I really appreciate if i can get the help from you...thnxx..

here some of the pic that i share to all of you...

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=474633312&albumId=1037062
roywnc69
Apprentice

Postby sich » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:46 am

Your space is private. We cant access the photos. Can u post the best photo(s) that describe your hardware in the forum?
sich

Postby roywnc69 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:06 am

opsss....sorry Sich. Now you are able to see the photo.
Actually i been trying to post the photo in this forum, but how to do that ya? I did try 'Img' and the 'url' but it's seem not working.

How to post the photo to this forum Sich?
roywnc69
Apprentice

Postby sich » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:31 pm

sich

Postby sich » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:33 pm

I went to your photo album, select the photo and copy its location. Then press Img and paste the copied link between the codes.
sich

Postby sich » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:42 pm

You've done a really nice work, Roy! I wonder how a chef can create such machine. Is that you who's wielding in the photos? Btw, your CNC is so huge that I don't think we've a suitable motor to drive it. You'll need to spend some money on the suitable motors. Are other DIY CNCs also as big as yours? Did you research what motors are they using?
sich

Postby roywnc69 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:04 pm

Thnxx Sich....yes,that's me Sich. I do always want's to get involved with anything as long it's benefit me and other people. I wanna to try complete this project and willing to share with others.
Yes the entire structure seems to be very big, but is very 'lightweight'. As long roller (bearing) perform well, its become very light. Some CNC Homemade in western forum i saw, they are using MDF board wich is much heavier. there is machine that's been built by 1 Pakistani guy, big as our Queen size bed. 6 x 5 ft.

Before i found your website, i always make my research from other web's which really help full for me to gather all the info.

The motor that they are using is just like 42BYGHD-234. aprox 5 volt. This size of motor will work for my machine. I will get the photo and spec regards to the motor that they are using and hope you can give me some idea ya...
roywnc69
Apprentice

Next

Return to Robot Controller