basic questions about Maxbotic Ultrasonic sensor

Digital Fiber, Photoelectric, Laser Range, Optical, Temperature, Rotary Encoder, Ultrasonic, Gas, Gyro, Accelerometer, FlexiBend, Flexiforce, Compass......

basic questions about Maxbotic Ultrasonic sensor

Postby Light » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:49 pm

Hi every1

i recently bought the EZ1 ultrasonic sensor, and i have some questions about it, first of all i want to let you know that im using the analog output of the EZ1 and not the PWM.

Q1\ how can i make the voltage received from AN increase (instead of decreasing) when an object comes closer instead of the opposite ?

Q2\ this is the internal EZ1 circuit diagram:

where is the transmitter and receiver ? what is s-TxR ? transmitter or receiver or both ?

thank you for helping
Light
Novice

Re: basic questions about Maxbotic Ultrasonic sensor

Postby waiweng83 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:16 am

Light WROTE:Q1\ how can i make the voltage received from AN increase (instead of decreasing) when an object comes closer instead of the opposite ?

May I know why do you need to do so? If that pin is connected to the ADC of a microcontroller, I would suggest that you modify your firmware to suite the application. This will save you a lot of pain. If you still want to do as what you have mentioned, then you may try out using the differential amplifier. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differential_amplifier

Light WROTE:Q2\ this is the internal EZ1 circuit diagram:
where is the transmitter and receiver ? what is s-TxR ? transmitter or receiver or both ?

The s-TXR is the transceiver (Both transmitter and receiver in 1 package).
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby Light » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:42 pm

thanks for replaying...

im using the maxsonar EZ1 to detect obstacles, the sensor will be connected to Micro vibrator motor, so the relation will be: the more the obstacle comes nearer, the more vibration we get from the micro-vibrator. thats my brief application.

so i thought about using the AN pin instead of the PW pin, but i found out that the relation mentioned above is not satisfied... where voltage keeps decreasing instead of increasing when the obstacle is getting nearer.

does that mean i have to use the PW pin and connect it to microcontroller ??

thank you
Light
Novice

Postby waiweng83 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:09 pm

I don't think the AN output of the sensor has enough current to drive the motor directly. Have you tested it before?
waiweng83

Postby Light » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:15 am

ya i've tested it, and it gives me less voltage when i get and object near to it.
so u think the only way is to use the PWM from the PW pin ? or there is another way ?
if so....am i supposed to use microcontroller to translate the pulses into variable voltage to be connected to the vibrators ?

or if there is any easier solutions please do tell me.

thank you for everything
Light
Novice

Postby Light » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:59 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DyXlnC52gU

this is an example of using the AN pin i guess...got it from youtube
Light
Novice

Postby waiweng83 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:25 am

The PW output from the ultrasonic sensor is not suitable to drive your vibrator motor as well. I think the easiest way is to use a microcontroller with ADC input and PWM output. It's more flexible as well. You can connect the components as below:

Maxbotic (AN) ----> MCU -----> Transistor / MOSFET / Motor Driver ---> Motor

You may also refer to the DIY Project Set PR23 (http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.ph ... ZM=&store=)

There are examples of using the Maxbotic Ultrasonic sensor.
waiweng83

Return to Sensor