RS232 to SKKCA-21 interface

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

RS232 to SKKCA-21 interface

Postby meadwages » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:12 am

whoever may concern, I am facing two major problems during my project.
1.) Connection RS232 to SKKCA-21:
I connected a usb to RS232 from my laptop to the SKKCA-21 Bluetooth device as pin 2(Receiver) to KC_TX, pin 3(Transmitter) to KC_RX and pin 5 to GND by using Hyperterminal. I had established the protocol 115200 bits per second, Data bits 8, none Parity, 1 Stop bits and none for Flow control according to the SKKCA - User Manual. Although the connection for my usb to RS232 which under COM3 managed to established perfectly, Hyperterminal COM5 under my bluetooth kit did not manage to detect and doesn't receive the AT-ZV ConnectionUp command.

2.) Perform AT Command:
Another connection being setup by using bluetooth under COM40 perfectly receive the signal from SKKCA through bluetooth kit.
I perfectly receive signal such as

when its connected:
AT-ZV ConnectionUp
AT-ZV -ByPassmode-

disconnected:
AT-ZV -CommandMode-
AT-ZV ConnectionDown

Reset:
AT-ZV -CommandMode-
AT-ZV BDAddress 646e6c009923

a good sign to me, However under COM40 Hyperterminal, during an instruction written such as AT-ZV ConnectionDown seem to appear as appearance instate of a command "doesn't disconnect the link" under SKKCA Hyperterminal (COM5), according to the internet reference when I input AT on my COM40, COM5 should response "OK" instead of simply repeating "AT".
meadwages
Greenhorn

Re: RS232 to SKKCA-21 interface

Postby meadwages » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:13 pm

Instead of using the supply from computer to SKKCA, I replaced with a 5V power supply. Unfortunately I did not receive the result previously. All I want is to established a bluetooth connection with RS232. What is missing?
meadwages
Greenhorn

Re: RS232 to SKKCA-21 interface

Postby ober » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:08 pm

1.) Connection RS232 to SKKCA-21:
I connected a usb to RS232 from my laptop to the SKKCA-21 Bluetooth device as pin 2(Receiver) to KC_TX, pin 3(Transmitter) to KC_RX and pin 5 to GND by using Hyperterminal. I had established the protocol 115200 bits per second, Data bits 8, none Parity, 1 Stop bits and none for Flow control according to the SKKCA - User Manual. Although the connection for my usb to RS232 which under COM3 managed to established perfectly, Hyperterminal COM5 under my bluetooth kit did not manage to detect and doesn't receive the AT-ZV ConnectionUp command.

Really curious to look at the connection. Why you need to use USB to RS232 and further connect to SKKCA-21, since the SKKCA-21 already have USB to UART on it. Why don use that directly? Reading further, I get confused. I think a photo of the hardware setup will help me a lot, thanks. Do show the connection from computer to SKKCA-21 and what do you refer to as Bluetooth Kit? The Bluetooth Dongle?
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Wireless Device